French scale-up with high social and environmental impact.
The company is looking for a VP of Engineering to join a fast-growing Tech & Product team of 150 people (250 by the end of the year), with 25+ teams grouped into 4 tribes, 6 guilds & chapters.
- Leading the product engineering tribes (Each tribe is from 4 to 8 squads): Bucks (payment domain), Customer experience & Merchant experience.
- Leading a collaborative team in delivering great software that the customers will love!
- Collaborating with the product group and other tribes to align the team with company objectives and initiatives across engineering and the wider business
- Scaling these tribes to reach around 400+ people in 2023/2024:
o Scale the hiring process
o Identify the right leaders to help & support BM Growth
o Ensuring the development of people and teams through ongoing coaching and mentoring
o People management (career, mobility…)
o Define the strategy to improve the efficiency of the teams spreaded on multiple sites (Paris, Bordeaux, Berlin, Barcelone, Full remote)
o Launch multiple teams all over the world
- Working with the team to identify and make improvements in our processes, practices and product with the support of the Chief of engineering staff.
- Working in an agile « build it and run it » environment where engineering teams build, launch, monitor and support the sections they own
- Own the production:
o Define QoS / SLX on every teams
o Be responsible for maintaining the applicative up & running
o Identify the tech debts that could block the business & set up action plan to avoid such scenarios
- Delivering great software that the customers will love!
o Working closely with the product leaders, you will be responsible of defining the roadmap
o Being the key tech stakeholder to ensure that tech epics are well ventilated in the squads.
o Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
o Being responsible in delivering the roadmap with a state-of-the-art execution
- Working closely with the CTO, Platform tribe (Data engineering, SRE, IT, Cloud infra) & the Architecture Committee, you will be defining the future tech of Back Market.
o Be spreading the tech NorthStar within your various teams
- Being responsible in a good part of the tech P&L, and responsible in preparing & optimizing this budget.
- Creating a team environment where team members feel like they belong and are supported do their best work
- Establishing open communication and a culture of feedback between team members
- Supporting teams in increasing the delivery proficiency by creating a learning environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, French is a big plus
- Previous experience in leaders’ positions (CTO/SVP/VP) & a strong knowledge on scaling teams (500+ people) in a scale up environment
- Experience and passion for growing, developing and guiding people
- Openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe workplace
- Interest in working in an environment where leaders support their teams to do great work, through removing impediments, finding improvements, and facilitating effective decision making
- Enthusiasm about reaching new levels of effectiveness (and quality!)
- A background as an individual contributor and willingness to help when the team needs it
- Excitement for learning about how our industry works and the impact we bring to our customers and the world
- Experience working in agile development teams with some knowledge of our following tech stack: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, RestFul API, Python, Django, VueJs, Nuxt, Algolia, Datadog, Spinnaker, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx, UWSGI
Recrutement géré par :